Pinned it - Made it!

Pinned it - Made it!  I have hundreds of ideas on my Pinterest board and this was one I knew I could do easily if I just had one simple thing - a tree stump.  Not easy to come by but during our May long weekend at the cabin, I convinced my husband to get out the chain saw and cut some trees.  Luckily for me, we had great weather that weekend, a chain saw, a willing husband and trees.  So off we went to explore in the forest on the property and found some nice birch and cottonwood.  I made a few projects from the birch and will post later.  They turned out great.

Trevor did help out quite a bit with this project.  He cut, sanded and stained it for me.  I did about 5 coats of polyurethane on it to seal it because it would near splashing children.  

I knew this needed to be in our bathroom.  Right by our bathtub as a little stool.  It looks rich yet elegant.  It makes a bubble bath even more inviting.  







5 comments:

  1. Cute. I have a tree stump I picked up randomly a few years a go. I just have it out on my porch. Will definitely stain and seal it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what stain and seal did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any problems with bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put my moose sign on it. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long did you let the stump dry out?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips