oil pulling: jumping on the bandwagon

So I'm jumping on the bandwagon this week.  Yes, the oil pulling wagon.  It's been all over social media this week.  Not sure why but I've seen it posted on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.  If I was on Twitter, maybe there too.  I've heard about it before but never really tried it.  It seems strange to me but it claims to have many benefits so why not.  It's not going to hurt to give it a go.  Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.  I just started this week so I can't claim any marvellous results but in a month I hope I will be able to report back some amazing things.  

What is oil pulling?  Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvdeic natural remedy for improved health.  It involves the use of pure oils to pull out harmful bacterial, fungus or other harmful organisms in your mouth, teeth or throat.

How do I do it?  Put 1 tablespoon of oil in your mouth, either sesame or coconut (I use coconut because it have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties). Swish around for 5-20 minutes.  When you are swishing it becomes toxic so don't swallow.  Make sure to spit it out in sink or toliet.  Rinse mouth a couple of times.

There are many benefits to oil pulling.  Here are a few:
: whitens teeth
: strengthens teeth, gums and jaw
: prevents cavities and gingivitis
: banishes bad breath
: relieves headaches
: helps you sleep better
: clears sinuses
: detoxifies the body

I must admit took a while to get used to it.  20 minutes is a long time but keep busy.  Do something to distract yourself.  Find a time that you can do it on a regular basis, either in the morning or at night.  I have sinus issues so I'm hoping this will help.


It's not glamourous that's for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips