back at it

With the Christmas holidays approaching quickly, I feel the sudden need to start eating clean and get back into my exercise routine.  Just like everyone else, I love the decadent eating that comes with the holidays.  After being quite committed to clean eating and exercising for the last year, I let up over the summer and fall.  But I feel my slacking needs to come to an end.  So it's Tuesday morning after a long, indulgent weekend and it's time to re-set.  Which basically is a mindset for me.  That's where it all happens.  Once I have that conquered, I'm good.  Not a diet or limit one food group or crazy calorie counting but just clean eating of real food.  Can't go wrong with that.  Some apps I find helpful are http://www.noom.com/http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/.

My Fitness Pal and Noom are a great way to log your your meals and snacks, keeping you accountable and great for awareness of both good and bad choices.  Nike+ running app is amazing with a gps to track your distance, time, route and lets you listen to your downloaded music.  

I also really like Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30.  Both are easily fit in my day with 20-25 minutes of intense cardio and strength training.  The circuit training style and combo of cardio and strength makes it go by fast and you feel like you have had a good workout.  I also like to mix it up with Beachbody's INSANITY and Turbofire.  

Bring on the green smoothies!


Nice chart to see where you are at and how you can make little choices to eat your BEST.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips