a long 11 hours

Oliver had his second set of tubes put in yesterday.  Isla spent the night with Oma and Opa because we had to be at the hospital at 6:30am.  The day started very early and I didn't sleep well.  I had alot on my mind.  The surgery went well.   Trevor was the strong parent to go in with Oliver to prep for surgery.  I just knew I couldn't watch that.  Because Oliver was quite confused and frantic coming out of the anaesthesia last time, they gave him fentanayl.  This made him tired, nauseous and very out of it.  We had to stay in recovery so he could be monitored for six hours.  He keep throwing up and was very pale.  After a good nap, we moved to the Child and Youth Services.  We had our own room to watch movies and keep trying to get some liquids in him.  A few more bouts of sickness and then finally he started to ask for snacks.  We left at 5pm.  He started to come around before bed and wok up this morning back to himself.  Relief.  He wasn't staring into space and lethargic.  He was his playful and chatty self.  






1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of Oliver and Trevor together. Oliver looks like a little person.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips